- Easy Connection
- Hygienic Connection
- Explosion Resistance 1.5 Bar
- Jacob Coupling in 20 diameters
- Air Tight / Leak proof
- LOTO suitable & or brackets for sensors or switches
- Large variety of flexible materials
- Custom made
- Replaceable gasket (see accessories)
- Modular system (see accessories)
FDM is a flexible connection equipped with a pressed on Jacob coupling.
FDM is a flexible connection equipped with a pressed on Jacob coupling. The Jacob coupling is assembled in the same way as originally intended, but with a replaceable gasket and a Quick Connect Clamp for quick assembly. It can also be used with a Bolt Connect clamp for employee safety in case of dangerous applications. For instance, when the flexible connections is close to a rotary valve, screw conveyor, butterfly valve, mill or other mechanical equipment.
The FDM flexible soft connection is a great addition to the already vast program of the modular Jacob tubing system. The design of the method is a flexible soft sleeve is pressed on to the Jacob Flanges, allowing us to make the flexible sleeve in a great variety of materials, such as thermoplastics, rubbers and silicones. You can also pick your thicknesses: 0.3mm, 1.0mm, 2.0mm or even 3.0mm. The use of a U shaped Gasket ring on the flange, which is replaceable, allows you to choose from a wide range of gasket materials for a variety of applications and even metal detectable gaskets. Pressing stainless steel Jacob flanges onto the flexible connection / flexible sleeve, makes the entire connection airtight and gives it a smooth flow profile.
There are many application options, including specific options for weighing and dosing techniques, Atex, foodstuffs, chemical and color and metal detection.
Magnets, sensors and switches
Also, the flanges pressed onto the flexible allow to weld brackets to mount electromagnets, sensors or proximity switches. This for the safety purpose to detect if there is a flexible mounted. When the clamp is disassembled, electromagnets can keep the flexible in place to prevent leaks or to guard operators from mechanical moving parts that are dangerous. Machines can be switched of when the right electronic precautions are made. Also ground studs / earth studs can be added to the metal press rings on each end.
On the FDM the following flange materials are available:
- AISI 304 / DIN 1.4301, 2.0mm, Glass Bead Blasted, (standard)
- AISI 304 / DIN 1.4301, 2.0mm, Pickled and passivated
- AISI 316Ti / DIN 1.4571, 2.0mm, Pickled and passivated
- Others on request
Surface Finish Flanges
Surface Finishes Of the flanges are as described above. Or if you have your own surface requirements we can have that custom made to your specification, such as:
- Pickled and Passivated
- Polished, Ra0.4 or Ra 0.8
- Finish 2B
- H2O blasting / Sublimotion / Viwateq
- Glass Bead Blasted
- Unparallel flange surfaces
- With inner sleeve
- Y piece / side branches / T piece
- Bellow shape, symmetric and conical asymmetric
- Reinforcement rings against vacuum and over pressure (also in grounded editions),
- End cap or blind cover
- Spiral shaped reinforcement
- Jacob is interchangeable with, KMH, NORO, S&W
- Diameters: see table below
- Length is minimum 100mm, there is no maximum length.
- Flange Length;
- 25mm (option)
- 55mm (standard)
- Any custom length between 25mm and 200mm.
For more information please go to our Materials Comparison Table.
- Poly Urethane (0.3 mm / 1.0 mm / 1.5 mm)
- PKPU Poly Urethane with knitted polyester ply (2.0 mm)
- Silicones (0 mm / 3.0 mm)
- PKSR Polyester Knitted Fabric with Silicone (2.0 mm)
- EPDM, Gum, Nitrille (2.0 mm / 3.0 mm)
- PVC, Mipolan (2.0 mm / 3.0 mm)
- Silicone Weighing Bellows
- Poly Urethane weighing bellows
- Step Bellows
|JF OD A||Jacob Flange Outside|
|OD A||Tube Outside Diameters|
|ID A||Inside Diameter|
|WF A||Welding Flange Length|
|AL||Seamed in Flange Length|
|JF A||Length Flange|
|FL||Length Flexible Sleeve|
|CL||Length Flexible Connector|
|BIHA||Length Between Tubes / Flanges|
|MAX||Maximum Available Build in Height|
|JF B||Length Flange|
|BL||Seamed in Flange Length|
|WF B||Welding Flange Length|
|ID B||Inside Diameter|
|OD B||Tube Outside Diameter|
|TC OD B||Triclamp Flange Outside|
* Only as Bolt Connect Clamp
Compatible accessories and components for the FSC and FDM flexible connections with a Jacob coupling / connection.